Written by Super User
Page 1 of 4
Accounting and Finance
- Contributing its output towards the achievements of the mission and vision of the university
- Producing highly innovative, qualified, research minded competent, problem solver & self confident accounting professionals that will play major role to the development of the country.
- Contributing its effort towards the achievements of the national development program by producing innovative and courageous accounting professionals.
- Encouraging newly emerging research issues in relation to Accounting and Finance
- Producing accounting professionals who are having deep national and international knowledge & understanding about accounting rules and regulation and all related
- Producing Accounting professionals who are action oriented.
- Producing accounting professional who have got enough understanding & readiness to apply al professional ethics like that of confidentiality, impartiality, independency etc.
- Producing accounting professionals equipped with interpersonal, analytical technical and theoretical skills and who have willingness to act as so.
Graduates of bachelor of arts degree in accounting and finance are expected to assume broad based functional and professional responsibilities in every sector and in any form of institution, be it private, governmental, for-profit, or not-profit organization, along with bearing accountability in practice, keeping ethical & professional standards, and showing transparency in the continuum. To this effect, they are expected to accomplish the activities listed under each of the major qualifying areas (job positions):
The accounting and finance graduates, as practitioner accountants, will be able to:
- Identify, record, sort, and summarize business transactions and other measurable accounting data, and provide information, either in a form of financial statements or financial reports, about the activities of economic entities, in this case, service, manufacturing, merchandising, governmental, and not-for-profit organization;
- Prepare payrolls and record related transactions, process bills for payments and receipts; process disbursement vouchers and control, prepare bank reconciliations and record related journal entries, prepare statement of tax and file income tax returns, as well as prepare fund based financial statements,
- Identify cost data, cost objects, generate relevant information for managerial decision making and control purposes, determine overall organizational charges, accumulate costs, properly allocate the associated costs to assets, and generate useful reports,
- Perform cost-volume-Profit analysis, value chain analysis, and apply simulation techniques in order to generate as well as report information useful for internal decision making,
- Make use of models, decision trees, and other techniques for costing & pricing decisions, analysis of segment/division profitability, evaluation of performance, an special decisions,
- Recognize and measure merger transactions and business combinations,
- Serve t clerical levels being employees of financial institutions (banks, insurances, etc) that linking savings and investments, and
- Account for international money transfers, banking transactions, and process loans,
Financial Manager, Treasurer, Controller, or CFO
The accounting and finance graduates, as professionals in the area of finance and practicing financial managers, will be able to:
- Plan the optimum size & mix of institutional assets, source and use of funds (or financial resources), and short-term and long-term investments,
- perform financial planning and analysis, Determine the market value of a firm and its securities;
- Manage current assets, short-term credits, and long-term credits of a firm;
- Assist the planning process by preparing budgets, measuring (analyzing) performance vis-à-vis budgets, and make periodic reports,
- Manage business, financial market, or environmental risks and physical/natural hazards using appropriate risk management tools and techniques;
- Plan for governmental revenues (sources of funds) and public sector expenditures (uses of funds),
- Generate project ideas (proposals), perform market, financial, & socio-economic appraises of candidate projects, selecting best proposals, plan for acquisition of project funds & their disbursements, develop schedules for implementation (or execution), and design monitoring and evaluation schemes;
- Specialist in Financial Services
The accounting and finance graduates, as professionals (specialist) in the area of financial services, will be able to:
The accounting and finance graduates, as professionals (specialists) in the area of financial services will be able to:
- serve as security analysis and/or specialists in financial institutions and in the available financial markets,
- involve in international financial management practices, real estate investments, and multinational business settings;
- serve as consultants, investment advisors, brokers, dealers and investment bankers,
The accounting and finance graduates, as practicing auditors, will be able to:
- Identify eligible audit clients, keeping in touch with ethical & professional standards, and conduct pre-audit inspection and investigation, and
- Set audit objectives, perform all types of audits, and issue professionally consistent audit reports.
Accounting information systems (AIS) specialist
The accounting and finance graduates can also serve as AIS specialist. In this regard, as AIS specialist, the graduates will be able to:
- analyze, design, implement, revise, and/or update accounting systems (manual or computerized), forms, source documents, and develop procedure manuals,
- Use computers and programs along with available accounting and business software for processing (analyzing) financial data, generate financial and non-financial information, and develop databases.